Why You Should Get Breast Implants
A common question many women ask themselves is “should I get breast implants?” You are the best person to answer that question, but there are some definite reasons why you should consider breast implants. Dr. Barbara Siwy at Siwy Plastic Surgery wants to help you make the right choice. She has offices in Carmel, and her new office in Bloomington, Indiana, to serve you.
Breast implants are typically placed for cosmetic reasons, however, they may be medically appropriate if you have undergone a mastectomy and want to restore the natural shape of your breasts.
Other common reasons you should consider breast implants include:
- Having breasts that are small in proportion to your body
- Your breasts are not the same size
- If you have lost substantial weight
- Having poorly shaped breasts, especially after pregnancy
Breast implants can also boost your self-image. You may want breast implants to:
- Boost your self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your sex life
- Have clothing fit better
- Look younger and more attractive
Once you have decided to get breast implants, you have choices to make:
- What size is best for me?
- What type of implant is best for me, silicone, saline, or another type?
- What shape of implant do I want, contoured or round?
- What type of incision is best for me?
Dr. Siwy will help you make the decisions that are right for you, to give you the look you want.
Your breast implant surgery will take about an hour and will be performed while you are under general anesthesia. You should plan on restricting your movement for one or two days after the surgery. For the next two weeks, you shouldn’t lift heavy objects or raise your arms over your head. Avoid strenuous activity for at least six weeks after your surgery.
To view before-and-after photos of Dr. Siwy’s breast augmentation patients, please visit the breast augmentation page on the website.
If you are considering breast implants, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Barbara Siwy at Siwy Plastic Surgery, with offices in Carmel and Bloomington, Indiana. Find out more by calling today or filling out our contact form!